Apply to Kish
Kishwaukee College has an "open door" admission policy and is open to all in-district residents of the Community College District 523. All new students, including dual credit and students who have been inactive for two years or more, should complete the Kishwaukee College Application.
Registering for classes at Kishwaukee College is easy. Just follow the simple step-by-step instructions below.
If you are a former Kishwaukee College student that has attended within the past two years, your records are still in the system, and you can continue to Step 2. If it has been MORE THAN two years since last attending Kishwaukee College, then start at Step 1.
Please fill out each section of the Kishwaukee College Application* using your most current information. After the completion of the application, you will receive a message with more information. Please allow 2-3 business days for processing. There is no fee required to submit the application.
If you need more information or are having trouble with the online application, reach out to our friendly staff at 815-825-9375 or email@example.com and we will be happy to help.
With more than 70 degree and certificate programs, Kish has something for everyone. Find your program.
Not sure what you should choose? Kish can help you discover your interests on our Career Exploration page.
Official transcripts from high school, GED, military and/or any former colleges or universities can be submitted to Student Services C2100 to complete the admission process. Visiting students only need to submit unofficial transcripts if needed for prerequisite proof and the Request for Prerequisite Evaluation form.
*We will ask for your Social Security number as part of the application process. This is required to process your application in conjunction with financial aid, as well as for our compliance with state and federal regulations. Rest assured, our systems are safe and secure.
- Access your student email, online learning environment, college announcements and self-service at kish.edu/mykc.
- Select “Setup or change your KishID account” by using your Student ID/username located on your welcome letter.
- Have you already activated your account but can’t find your password? The College cannot retrieve your passcode. However, you can call the Help Desk at 815-825-9888 to reset your account.
- Placement into college-level courses can be determined by previous college coursework, Advanced Placement scores, CLEP scores, ACT/SAT scores or high school GPA.
- All test scores and GPA must be within three years. Please visit kish.edu/placement for criteria.
- Students who do not meet the criteria for a waiver can schedule a placement exam by contacting Student Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 815-825-9375.
- Submit official transcripts to email@example.com.
- Visiting students only need to submit unofficial transcripts.
- Schedule an appointment with your Academic Advisor/Counselor to plan your coursework if necessary at kish.edu/advising.
- Register for classes online through your myKC self-service portal.
- To receive in-district tuition rates, residency within District #523 must be established 30 days before the semester.
- Contact Student Services with questions about registration or residency at firstname.lastname@example.org or 815-825-9375.
- Payments must be received prior to the tuition due date, for a list of dates visit kish.edu/importantdates. Payments can be made through the myKC self-service portal or by contacting the Business Office at 815-825-9400.
- Learn more about Kish and how to get involved. Visit kish.edu/orientation.
Refer to the Kishwaukee College online catalog for questions regarding policies and procedures.